Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My little girl will be 2 in a couple of weeks time and it has brought me face to face with my massive weak spot as a mother. I don't bake!

I can justify the working mum thing, the travel, the nights away, bribery with buttons, even watching cartoons.

I can come to terms with all these less than 100% perfect issues, they don't bother me much at all to be honest.

What does get me is the cakes, and the buns, and the cookies. None of which home cooked goodies I provide. Neither do I don an apron and spend an afternoon getting covered in floor and providing a bowl to lick. (We tend to do lunch and go shopping, which is WAY more fun in my book)

However, at this time of year it does come home to me again that I don't bake. Also, I am constantly astounded at the amazing cakes every other mother in the world seems to produce without a second thought. It puts me to shame. So, I am going to attempt a cake.

How hard can it be??

Watch this space and I'll tell you :-)

28th October 1957:  Simone Mirman, French-born milliner to Princess Margaret and London manager of the House of Dior, helps her daughter Sophie to blow out the candle on her first birthday cake.  (Photo by Ron Burton/Keystone/Getty Images)

1 comment:

  1. I have started baking more myself recently and it's ruining my diet!! I bought a Kitchen Aid so I feel really guilty now if I don't use it! Good luck with the baking :)

    ReplyDelete